- 1992 Bronze Medallist(3rd Place) in the World ‘Best Sommelier’ Competition in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil representing the Irish Guild of Sommeliers
- 1992 won the Irish Guild of Sommeliers Best Sommelier in Ireland competition
- Won the Sopexa Ireland ‘Best Sommelier’ in French Wines.
- Was awarded the Wine & Spirit Education Trust Diploma.
- He was also the Head Sommelier & Wine Buyer at the 5 Star ‘K Club’ for 14 years; has written wine articles for various publications such as Cara Magazine and Wine Ireland and even found time to give a few wine tasting presentations on the TV3 Show ‘Good Morning Ireland’.
In 2005 Didier turned his full attention to developing Classique & Gourmet Wines Ltd.
Oliver Murtagh, Irish Guild of Sommelier Chairman attended the competitions in Rio de Janeiro